Many people want to lose weight but the most difficult part of it is to follow a diet plan. This is because it is simply overwhelming to count calories in each and every one of your meals. Moreover, eating sweets is inevitable especially if you have a sweet tooth. And even more difficult is to make those special soups and salads that are part of almost all diet plans and contains vegetables and other useful ingredients. Even if you do manage to follow such a diet plan religiously for a month or so, only one day of indulging in your favorite foods at a dinner party can ruin the entire regime.
Don’t fret if you are one of those thousands who does not want to go through a diet plan for weight loss. Here are 7 proven ways to shed those extra pounds without going on a diet:
- Eat slowly – Eating quickly can save time but it’s not good for your body. Your brain wouldn’t be able to catch up and tell you that you have had enough if you eat too quickly. So, slow down and chew properly before taking another bite.
- Consume fewer calories – I know this sound like a diet plan, but the rule of thumb is to eat proteins and other foods that bring a feeling of fullness earlier than other types of foods. So, eat meat and other protein-rich foods if you want to consume fewer calories and lose weight.
- Avoid the unhealthy foods aisle when grocery shopping – Though it’s tempting, you might want to forego visiting the aisle that displays chocolates, cookies, soft drinks, potato chips, and other similar unhealthy food items. If they are not brought into the house, they will not be eaten.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water – Water helps to keep you hydrated and at the same time give a feeling of fullness especially before meals. Make it a habit of drinking at least one glass of water right after you wake up. This will help you consume less in the breakfast and afterwards and effectively lose weight.
- Eat five to six times a day – Three meals a day sounds like an easier option but if you are looking for ways to lose weight, then eat small portions divided over five to six times a day. If you sit down and eat only twice or thrice a day, you will end up eating much more than needed.
- Eat in peace – The more you’re distracted by television, smartphone or any other electronic device, the more you’re likely to eat. Stay away from these distractions so that you can also pay attention to how many calories you’re actually
- Avoid stress – People who do not take time off work or sleep well are more inclined towards binge eating than those who take periodic breaks from work and sleep for at least 7 hours a day. So, try to stay away from stressful routine if you want to lose weight effectively.