When you want to shed few extra pounds, it is a swell idea to go to the bottom of why you need a teatox diet plan. This will help you make sure that you pursue the ideal plan which will give you long-term and effective results for your keen efforts.
Here are 5 tips for your teatox diet plan:
- Hydrate sufficiently – Drink plenty of water. It is necessary to keep hydrated throughout the teatox diet plan. When you drink sufficient volume of water every day, you will help your body in eliminating toxic waste that has got accumulated from food, water and air that you have breathed in. Water is an effective medium to detox. Ideally, you should be drinking half the weight of your body in terms of ounces of water every day. If you weight a hundred pounds, you have to drink fifty ounces of water. It is wiser to carry a bottle of water wherever you go and keep sipping water throughout the day.
- Make few changes with your breakfast routine – You can skip the average routine of cereal, eggs and bacon and incline towards a liquid diet that makes it easy for you to digest what you eat in the morning. Protein is to be avoided at breakfast time as it becomes difficult to digest and will also make you feel tired and groggy later on. An ideal breakfast would be to start with a green smoothie that involves spinach, leafy vegetables and kale. You can follow that with a cup of fruits. If that is not enough, you may go for a couple of slices of whole meal bread coated with organic honey. A sliced banana will keep you going until lunch time. Breakfast is the perfect time for a revitalizing cup of teatox.
- Lunch suggestion – This meal could include a soup that blends various vegetables with herbs and stock to give you a delicious taste while being low on calories. This could be followed an oven cooked jacket potato with sweet corn and tuna. You can round off lunch with a prawn salad that involves mixed leaves with a dash of olive oil.
- Dinner suggestion – Smoked salmon salad would be fine in the evening that involves mixed leaves. Fish is a good source of Omega-3 and it is also valuable for the skin tone. This salad could be followed by a vegetable casserole that includes onions, potatoes, peas, carrots and mushrooms that could be slow cooked with stock. Vegetables could be stir fried and added to olive oil.
- Snacking during the day – you may go for a slice of fruit or a fruit smoothie; try a fruit or a natural cereal bar. Hummus with celery sticks or carrots would also be a fine idea along with a small cup of yogurt that is free of fat. Any of these items would be great for your teatox diet.
While you follow this teatox diet plan, you should be aware of how to combine your food during the day. There are some foods that may cause some digestive problems, when consumed together. You have to avoid starchy foods and protein together. For example, you have to avoid potatoes and meat, cereal and milk, bread and cheese and this is contrary to popular belief. You have to try and eat fruit by itself as fruit gets digested by the intestines, and not stomach. If you combine fruit with other types of foods, you may trap fruit in the stomach where it may ferment and give you stomach and digestive problems.
So, go ahead and combine this teatox diet plan and lead a balanced and healthy life.